Sunday, February 21, 2010

Living the 23rd Psalm - Day 2

PROVIDER - I shall not want
Or, as I like to put it, "I shall want for nothing". Not only does the Lord protect, but He provides as well. Where we misunderstand, however, is in our perception of "want". I "want" to win the lottery (if God played, He’d win every time…); I "want" to be fifty pounds lighter (got there, couldn’t handle it, gained it back); I even "want", like the beauty contestants, World Peace! (Now there’s one we ALL ask God for.) But let’s consider the passage in a different perspective. In Matthew 6:25-34 Jesus teaches that if God provides for the lowly birds of the air or the lilies of the field, does He not care even more for us? We are to trust in Him for His provision, and in His Glory and Wisdom, He will sustain us.

No comments:

Post a Comment