Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions

It's that time of year when we start resolving to change things in the New Year, to lose weight or finish that novel or spend more time with those we love. Same resolutions every year...same sense of defeat that the year has passed without even one being checked off the list.  The problem is - we are too linear in our resolutions. Now, if I'd written last year that I resolved to find ways to be happier, ways to enjoy the time I DID have with my family and ways to allow the Lord's Grace to shine through me onto those around me, then I'd be looking back over this year as a full success. 


As rushed as the year was, we had so many opportunities to visit with family and friends here and across the country. I wrote, and read, a novel's worth of delightful emails and texts. Taking early retirement dropped an incredible amount of weight from my shoulders and helped me appreciate what is truly important. Every wish going into 2011 fully realized and accomplished. And that is how it should be! 


So consider what you really want in the coming year and set your goals broad enough to encompass all that promises. You may be surprised how your perspective will shift along the way. Remember, every breath you breathe is one more success story in the making!



No comments:

Post a Comment