Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Birthdays

Yesterday was my birthday - my second favorite day of the year.  (Thanksgiving is my first, but then you know that if you've read my earlier blogs.) You know how greeting cards are written wishing you every good thing for your birthday and the coming year? And sometimes your dear friends or family will add a note further clarifying how much you deserve the very best day ever?  Well, I don't know if I did anything to deserve it or not, but absolutely every single birthday wish I received yesterday, through snail mail, email and Facebook, TOTALLY hit the mark! (OK - so Maxine's "slap-you-silly" reminder that I'm old might have been a little TOO on the mark, but my friend Maureen's quirky sense of humor is something I've come to expect and delight in!) And if yesterday's outcome was an indicator of the year, this is going to be one for the record books!

I was amazed at the response on Facebook. For a social medium that was basically set up to be "me, me, me, me", birthdays are definitely the exception. Everyone who's friended me gets to click a button and say...."today is all about you, you, you"! That's pretty cool! And very appreciated.  My wish for the coming year is that I can make those I've friended feel as special as they have made me.  And just so you don't have to wait until your birthday...

Happy All About YOU Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment