Monday, August 27, 2012

Where Has August Gone?

Good Morning Monday! It is August 27th!!! Unbelievable.  Where did the month go? This whole summer I had so much going on, I can identify a month with something that I did that made it breeze by – May was rocks in my yard (and in my head); June was deck (and body) demolition; July was outa town, outa state, outa sight! August seems to have been a blur… star time, friend time... and it flew by just as quickly.  

I always thought that burning the candle at both ends, as I did in that "other" life I led, was the reason every day zoomed past without my taking the time to enjoy, relax or reflect. I'm fortunate to have that time now - an hour here and there to savor a book or puzzle, watching the birds at the feeders, playing (or vegging) with the doggies - so much time to enjoy just living, and yet I can still see the calendar pages flipping like they did in the old cartoons to indicate passage of time.


I'll never forget the feeling I had the spring between 6th grade and 7th when I stood in the elementary school playground and looked up at the junior high a block away thinking, "Oh no, I'm only halfway there! Six more years!" Little did I know, from that moment on time would speed up and speed by so fast that, until now, decades later, I'd be trying to lasso the remaining moments of my life...

Whether I have an hour remaining or a million hours, my time will be spent in awe and gratitude for the life I've lived, the moments I'm now experiencing and the anticipation of what's to come! Live Well!

2 comments:

  1. I think the difference between now and that other life is Choice. We can make choices about our days, for the most part--and change them if they're not working out. I just read a quote today from George Eliot: "It's never too late to be what you might have been." Isn't that great? Anyway--post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that quote. It is so inspiring! (And so are you!)

    ReplyDelete