Sunday, September 13, 2009

Researching Ad Infinitum

The below paper on perfectionist attitudes came to me because I know that, far too often, I've been accused of such a trait. I fight it, believe me. Just look around my house and you will see many successful attempts to eliminate perfection in my life (don't let the dresser drawers scare you...)

There are times, however, when I find I cannot turn off the urge to gather it all, get it right and tweak it forever. This past week's research assignment in my online class found me digging in bookshelves, searching the web and clicking on dozens of sites in an effort to do what? Write a preliminary article on the topic I had chosen. Not only did I gather enough information (uncited, by the way) for a 3-volume text on the subject, but I "chased enough rabbits" that I began developing sub-topics and unrelated analyses. Give me a break, Rita!

No comments:

Post a Comment