Friday, January 15, 2010

Making Time for Time


The concept of "Time" just may be quoted, lamented and sung about more than any other than "Love". Time Changes Everything. All good things come in Time. Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is. See? It's a very important faction of our lives. We never have enough Time. Yet we find ourselves wishing it away, second by second. "I'll be glad when Friday's here" (it's here now - any better?) "If I could just get through this day!" (By God's Grace, there'll be another right after it.)


One phrase I used all through my youth was "I hope how soon...". "I hope how soon my birthday comes"; "I hope how soon morning comes"; "I hope how soon I grow up and get to make my own decisions". A colloquialism, I'm sure. Someone told me once that the phrase made absolutely no sense at all, that the words were in the wrong order. That made me feel badly at the time, but in hindsight, it was indicitive of her personality in general, not in my odd choice of words. Nonetheless, I was wishing away Time from an early age.


We need to hold onto Time when we can, savoring every delightful moment and learning from each sorrowful one. As much as we have control, we should not allow hurt or anger or even lethargy for that matter, to steal away these precious moments of our lives. Rejoice in what Time has brought you in a day rather than the elements that caused it to slip away.


(Now go back and replace the word Time with God....Time is a Gift He's Given - don't wish it away!)


No comments:

Post a Comment