Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

It's going to be a great day! All those Elevens lined up in a row!

Thoughts and memories go out to all veterans, living and passed, who have done service to their country. Service takes many forms and feelings.  Some are part of the Armed Forces, others have volunteered and worked with health and humanitarian agencies. Whatever you do, make it count! It is written: "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me."

A reflection on my five years in the Air Force. Military service helped me grow in so many ways. I went in naive and filled with patriotism, and maybe I didn't appreciate my path each day, but the service certainly taught me a multitude of lessons. I hope, in some small way, it contributed to the strength and diversity of this great nation. Don't ever let today's political atmosphere or the bureaucracy make you feel shame for the USA. It is not brainwashing or diatribe to think that we are the greatest nation on earth. We have freedoms of which others can not even conceive, let alone wish for. If there was ever a time we needed to ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE, this is such a day for that. So many have lost their lives protecting the freedoms we enjoy. Whether we believe in this-or any-war, whether we wanted the bail-outs or not, whether we exercise our right to vote, we have the freedom to express ourselves. Don't take that for granted!

A couple pics from a past life...
At Shu Lin Kou Air Base in Taiwan
Desk Sgt duty with my trusted .38
(Those ammo pouches would have made great cell phone holders...)







1 comment: