Monday, November 7, 2011

Google is a Verb!

And a postscript to "Words..." below - The Scrabble dictionary does not recognize "google" as a word. How 20th century is that? It is one of the most active transitive verbs in use today. Everyone googles. I googled twice just to write that last post. We're always googling. The online Mirriam Webster is all over it - even offers a pronunciation. I can give concession to my 1994 Webster for not being up with the times, but the online Scrabble dictionary needs to freshen up it's database. I wonder if it recognizes "blog". Since this is one, I'd say it's a word.  My mom's rule was always - "If you can use it in a sentence, then you can play it on the Scrabble board." Made for some fun and interesting games. Thanks, Momma, for introducing Scrabble to your daughters long, long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment